mherger wrote:
> > If its just a matter of a different codec cant we just have LMS
> > transcode the stream to something the players will support?
>
> It's a new API with a new feature set and a new streaming format.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I may jinx this by even mentioning it. I'm playing around with a very
wonky setup that kind of works. My LMS ecosystem consists of 3 raspberry
pi's running picoreplayer and a 4th running LMS via Max2play. I
discovered a simple python script at Github that provides SiriusXM live
radio playback (for paid subscribers) by creating an HTTP server that
serves HLS playlists and I run this off the LMS pi. I then setup the
PlayHLS plugin on the LMS that enables the HLS stream to be played (I
discovered Max2play and the PlayHLS plugin on the forum) . Lastly, I can
play a station via the LMS by a URL that points to the HTTP server HLS
stream and I can save it as a favorite for each station I listen to.

So far it works pretty well. My limited knowledge of Linux, Python, and
anything Apple related (HLS streams are an Apple thing) makes it slow
going. My problem right now is keeping the HTTP server going. The python
script want's to run in a terminal and won't work in the background.
Plus the streams stop intermittently (the longest I've kept it going is
about an hour). Well, it's my new project for a while.

For me this is at least a proof of concept. If someone with way more
brains than I were to take a look at all this that they could come up
with a simple LMS plugin that could do all this for us. Until then, I'll
keep playing with it.