I've been an enthusiastic user of LMS for many years now, although I'm
down to two players (a Touch & Transporter) down from a high of four in
the house at peak.  I'm a huge classical music lover, with just over
25,000 tracks in my FLAC library.  Thanks to Erland's plug-ins and many
hours of tagging, I'm fairly pleased with my ability to find music by
composer, conductor, orchestra, soloist, etc.  I played around with a
friend's SooLoos system and thought it had nice search and metadata
look-up capabilities for classical music.  When Roon was introduced, I
was excited until I saw the pricing.  Understandable that all the
programming requires a business model, but more than I wanted to pay.
In particular I like the Tidal integration with Roon, although that's
another subscription.

I hear that there's a new release imminent for Roon which will include
Squeeze devices as end points for playback.  I'll be extremely
interested to see how this works, and may even buy a subscription for a
year to provide feedback to the development team.  I care little about
DSD+ high rez formats, but I would like to reward an actively supported
development program that's sensitive to the needs of classical music
lovers.  Here's hoping it all comes together!  If not, LMS still works,
and I could run another system in parallel if I had to.

I'll look forward to any experiences others are able to relate regarding
the Roon initiatives to include squeeze players!