I assume you have other wifi devices that work flawlessly (didn't find
if you've mentioned that already)? If so, are they using the same
channel? This question is just to exclude that there are some occasional
disturbances from e.g. a micro wave oven.

If the Duet is your only squeezebox so that you cannot exchange SB
devices, maybe you can get hold of a different Fritzbox or a totally
different router?

And as a last idea (but I don't know if it could be of any help in this
case): do you know that the Fritzbox is able to capture the network
traffic even for selected nw interfaces? Just open this link from within
your LAN: http://fritz.box/html/capture.html.