drmatt wrote:
> If it supports WMM I would turn that off too..

None of that has helped me, I am afraid.

Mnyb wrote:
> i assume that the server computer is  wired to the router.

Yes, the NAS is wired.

reinholdk wrote:
> I assume you have other wifi devices that work flawlessly.

Yes, three laptops and one Android, operating in the same 2,4 GHz band.
No failures ever.  Forgot to mention that in my initial post.

reinholdk wrote:
> If the Duet is your only squeezebox

Yes.  I am considering buying a Touch for convenience reasons.

reinholdk wrote:
> And as a last idea (but I don't know if it could be of any help in this
> case): do you know that the Fritzbox is able to capture the network
> traffic even for selected nw interfaces? Just open this link from within
> your LAN: http://fritz.box/html/capture.html.

It can.  That would be an option for the  AVM Fritz!box support, I
assume, as I cannot read these files myself, I assume.

---
LMS 7.8.  NAS: QNAP ARM.  Streaming: Duet.  Controller: Duet, Android
Squeezer.  Amp: Denon 3310.  Speakers:  Canton 2xM80 + 2xCM7 + 2xM20 +
Sub Nubert.