I just "discovered" the following:

I connected a 2nd Squeezebox-Receiver to my WiFi and started to stream a
webradio. I works without any issues.
First I thought: okay, perhaps it is the quality of the web-stream. I
stopped that 2nd Squeezebox-Receiver and started the 1st
Squeezebox-Receiver with the same webstream. And there the problem still
exists.

Next, in the WebGui I went to Player, selected the 1st
Squeezebox-Receiver and
- pressed: resetting
- in Audio: I changed all settings to the same values as in the 2nd
Squeezebox-Receiver
... and the problem is still there.

All what I could further see: when the stream stopps, the color of the
bush-button on the Squeezebox-Receiver changes to yellow. Which is an
indication for "no wifi connection". But this Squeezebox-Receiver has
100% signal strength, since it is just 5cm away from the WiFi-Router.
Much better than the additional 2nd receiver (who has only 49% signal
strength).