bpa wrote:

> Check your location for other sorces of wifi on the same channel - if
> you have an Android phone/tablet there are many good apps for this.

I have exchanged the problematic Squeezebox-Receiver with another one.
This 3rd Squeezebox-Receiver is now at the same position as the 1st.
Result: this 3rd receiver works without any issues. Hence: location or
signal strength should not be the issue.

Furthermore, I moved the problematic Squeezebox-Receiver to the room,
where the 2nd (non problematic) receiver is located and pressed the
button for over 6sec. until it starts fast red flashing. Situation: that
problematic 2nd receiver shows me since 30min. a slow red flashing
button.

==> I am very certain the problem is somewhere "inside" this
Squeezebox-Receiver.