Having spent the time ripping my CD's into FLAC, I can use pretty much
any player. I do like my squeezeboxes/LMS but don't get as much time to
use them as I'd like. If the wife would get on board and use them more
we'd get so much more out of the system, it's got so many features that
I've never used/needed. I like them, no need to change in my opinion.

Trying to get my dad to get one, maybe via a Pi would be a good idea?

*Downstairs:* SB Touch. NAD 320BEE. Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s. Wired
*Upstairs:* SB Classic. Amptastic Mini-1. Mission SC-M50's. Wired
*LMS:* Rapsberry Pi 2, Powered 500GB USB HDD, also running DNSMasq.
Wired