relayer wrote:
> We are looking to purchase a new router to handle the WiFi in our house,
> and I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the new "mesh" router
> systems work well with LMS and Squeezeboxes. We have 3 Touches, 1
> Classic, and 1 Radio, and I'd hate to suddenly lose functionality after
> upgrading to a new router. We had been using an old Netgear router and
> range extender, which worked pretty well, but the mesh systems seem to
> be all the rage now.
>
> Is anyone successfully using Google WiFi, Netgear Orbi, or any of the
> similar ones (Linksys Velop, Eero) with their Squeezeboxes? Any issues
> to be aware of? It seems that some or all of them somehow combine the
> 2.4- and 5-GHz channels instead of having them appear as separate
> networks; I'm not sure if that would matter or not to the Squeezeboxes.
> Also, does the iPeng app still work okay? I sometimes have a hard time
> getting it to recognize the boxes unless I switch to a different
> network. With the router and extender, there are four altogether (2.4,
> 5.0, 2.4_ext, 5.0_ext). It would be nice to have it all combined into a
> single network.
>
> Thanks for any info you can share!
>
> David

I use a Netgear nighthawk x6 r8000. Not cheap but handles everything
smoothly. Both heavy video and audio streaming at the same time. Can
only recommend this one.

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers.
Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office:
Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe