pablolie wrote:
> The connection the mysqueezebox doomed ecosystem is an evil that needs
> to be eradicated from the any LMS connected device.
>
> I am not even sure if I deleted or still included the mysqueezebox
> account, but if I do it is by accident. My LMS just plays local music or
> Spotify these days. I don't want anything else.

I’m sorry but this is just silly, people have said mysqueezebox.com is
doomed for over 10 years and it’s still (with a few exceptions) working
more or less as good as it did 10 years ago. I do agree that it will die
eventually, as everything else. Just as an example, it has so far
survived and been maintained longer than any of my Apple devices.
Reasoning the way you do it would be pointless to buy a new smartphone
today since it’s doomed, the latest iPhone is unlikely to be usable 5
years in the future so why buy and use it today. Are you sure Spotify
will be alive 2024 ?

I think the lifetime of Squeezeboxes (including mysqueezebox.com) is
exceptional. I think I have exactly one electronic device in my home
that’s older than my Squeezebox Classic, everything except for my
Sherwood receiver has been replaced after I purchased the Squeezebox
Classic back in 2006. I’m trying to think of any cloud services that has
been alive longer than mysqueezebox.com and realize there aren’t many.
I’m not sure any of the premium streaming services on the market has
been alive as long as mysqueezebox.com

Having said this, mysqueezebox.com will eventually stop working but if
we want it to survive longer we should keep using it rather than stop
using it. It obviously get easier for Logitech to shut it down if nobody
uses it.

LEAD PLATFORM DEVELOPER OF 'ICKSTREAM MUSIC PLATFORM'
(HTTP://WWW.ICKSTREAM.COM) -  A WORLD OF MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS

(Also developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland))