Thanks for the kind thoughts guys.  The reason I am so reluctant and sad
is I actually really like my wife and honestly don't want us to break
up. I saw the kids moving away as an opportunity to spend more time
together and rekindle our relationship which has become colder and more
distant; smothered in the organised chaos of managing three demanding
teenagers. Not the kids fault, obviously, but we have just focused too
much on their welfare at the expense of our relationship. However, she
obviously has been having other ideas.

Lesson for anyone who has acquired children recently, make an effort to
drag your wife away from the kids as much as you can, so you can spend
time together, no matter how reluctant she is too leave them.  Deposit
them with relatives or grandparents for a week and fly off somewhere.
She may spend the first couple of days texting and phoning them, but it
will be worth it.

She asked for the separation 18 months ago, took off her wedding ring
and moved into the spare bedroom, but I persuaded her to wait until the
twins were 18 and had finished their High School exams and were back
from various post-exam travels.  The time since she asked has been very
difficult. I have tried really hard to make her life as easy as
possible, doing most of the laundry, shopping and cooking, so she can
take up hobbies and "find herself".  I still have some hope that she
will miss me more than she thinks during the separation. Hoping for the
best but planning for the worst.

Despite the obvious signs, the children seem to have no idea what is up.
My apartment becomes available in mid-August and we are planning to tell
them then.  That is one conversation I am REALLY not looking forward
to!

Also not looking forward to starting all over again - particularly at
the age of 60, but trying to remain positive.

Sorry I have taken the thread so far off topic!

Back to Squeezeboxes...

Matt
*SqueezeBoxes:* A *'piCorePlayer'
(https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home)* with two Duets, one
no longer in active service.
*Server:* Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
*Network:* TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
*Livingroom:* Duet, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2
speakers
*Kitchen:* piCorePlayer, Tibo powered speakers.