chill wrote:
> Yep, there's a lot of it about.  It shouldn't be a reflection on either
> of you.  Remember the old saying: "Men marry women with the hope they
> will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change.
> Invariably they are both disappointed."
>
> Good luck.

A bit of truth in that, although I think it is more that courting
couples are more inclined to ignore or tolerate the annoying parts of
their partner's behaviour, and become less tolerant once the rose tinted
veil of new love falls away.

The quote I have in mind is from Richard Bach (author of Jonathan
Livingston Seagull)

“If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always
yours. If they don't, they never were”

Although I am the one physically leaving, I am setting my wife free.

A couple of good sources of help for faltering relationships:

A book, "Mistakes Were Made (but Not by Me): Why We Justify Foolish
Beliefs, Bad Decisions and Hurtful Acts ", Travis and Aronson.  Actually
I would say a "must read" for everybody! I cannot recommend it strongly
enough, it has changed my behaviour and how I view the world.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1780662653/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_H8hkDbQ33YAKP

Also, any stuff by Alain de Botton, but particularly his lecture at the
Sydney Opera House "On Love" - available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-iUHlVazKk

Sorry, I really will shut up now!

Matt
*SqueezeBoxes:* A *'piCorePlayer'
(https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home)* with two Duets, one
no longer in active service.
*Server:* Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
*Network:* TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
*Livingroom:* Duet, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2
speakers
*Kitchen:* piCorePlayer, Tibo powered speakers.