Happy New Year 2021 everybody!

JoeMuc2009 wrote:
> Yeah, it's likewise here. I could have sent you one but all shipping
> services have reduced their products to premium which means 35 USD is
> the new lowest limit for sending just anything except for pure paper
> letters. Bummer!
> Anyway, I hope this sorts things out for you, once you got it! :cool:
Good news: I received my new Wifi card already.

Bad news: I installed it and it is not recognised. Together with this
and the apparently broken internal IR sensor, I am starting to think it
is a PSU problem.

The problems with the unit started after I moved from UK to CH. I can't
find the original UK PSU, so I can't remember if the problems happened
using that PSU (with a plug converter) or if I was using the PSU I have
now.

To check the PSU, I broke out my long-unused multimeter, which refused
to turn on. I looked on the back of the unit and was surprised to see it
needed batteries :). I opened it up and swapped over the mildly corroded
button batteries, which breathed some life into the tester. But it seems
to be over reading voltage by a factor of 3 - 4, both for an eneloop
(rated 1.2V) and for the PSU I have.

So my shopping list now is

2 x G13-A CNB (which seems to be some variant of LR44) (1.5V) - for the
multimeter
1 x PSU 5V/ 2A o/p (linear?) - for the SB3

Checking www.conrad.ch...