+1 on Paul's suggestion.

I'm curious - do you have protocol specs? Is it this?
https://www.meridian-audio.com/media/11318/meridian-automation-interface-for-ip-control-issue-4.pdf
If so, I think the existing Denon plugins should definitely help.

One option might be using DenonSerial in "Remote system" mode, and
writing external software that would connect to the LMS command line
interface and subscribe to "denonserial" commands. DenonSerial would
then send notifications for the Denon TCP commands it would send (e.g.
MUON for muting output) and you'd just need to translate that to the
equivalent Meridian command. To keep LMS in sync with the Meridian you'd
issue CLI commands mimicking a Denon, e.g. if your tool saw the speakers
were "Demute" then you'd send a denonserial CLI command with MUOFF.

I do plan to update my DenonSerial (which, despite the name, supports
not only RS232 but also Denon's TCP protocol) to support Yamaha's YNCA
TCP protocol, but I have been dragging my feet on that. When I get
around to it, that will mean abstracting the general commands (power on,
power off, mute, unmute, set volume to X, query for current
power/volume/mute/source status), and should make it much easier to
support other brands' protocols. But did I mention I've been dragging my
feet?

owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
(which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much
time on the forums.
*Free plugins:* AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu
DenonSerial
FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket
SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock