verycd wrote:
> Which budget version of rastberry pi works best with picoreplayer?

There are multiple lengthy discussions on "getting started" and "how to"
that we can give you thread links to if you want. There are also alot of
"which one is best"

Having said that, I have two LMS only servers, one on a 3b+ and one on a
4. The 3b+ is fine, the 4 is faster (full music rescans, etc). I would
not hesitate to use a 3B+ again, but since the 4's are only a tad bit
more $, many will say "use a 4". I know that others have used pi zero's
etc, but UI have no experience. Perhaps others can chime in.

It also depends on what you want to do. If you just want to use
picoreplayer to basically replace the deficiencies of mysqueezebox.com
(fix https, etc), I would think you could use anything. If you want to
know rip your 1000's of CD's :) you are best to get a 3b+ or later.

In case it's not obvious, picoreplayer is a "player" (like your touch
with no built in UI) that can also load and run LMS to be a server. I
use it only as a server (disable the squeezelite player). But, you could
get an inexpensive audio hat for the pi (analog or digital out) and have
another player in the process if you like. There is no UI, but you could
control with your touch, or just sync with your touch, or use phones,
pads, etc to control.

Jim