Redrum wrote:
> Your original post reflected disappointment that the touch stand alone
> operation (mysb.com) was not maintained like other devices, like phones.
> It would not update/play old radio station urls as radio urls migrate
> from http to https. Sometimes the old http streams are alive, sometimes
> not. This is due to the fact that mysb.com has not been maintained for
> years, however, logitech has kept it alive for legacy purposes.
>
> The suggested answer to fix the problem for your touch is to have
> something running LMS. You asked for a solution where you didn't have to
> keep the PC on, so many of us suggested the raspberry pi. Sorry if maybe
> we (I) pushed too hard, a lot of us adore the fact that you can run a
> extremely versatile and powerful music server on such an inexpensive
> platform, myself included.
>
> Of course a lot of other hardware, PC's, Phones, etc can have a more
> convenient and robust UI (like the podcast interface as you mentioned),
> but, if you try the material skin on your phone, PC, pad, it has a real
> nice UI, and fairly decent podcast management.
>
> In summary to your op,yes, maintenance of the sb devices as standalone
> devices was dropped when logitech discontinued the line, but maintenance
> and development of the product line and ecosystem/LMS lived on thanks to
> the members of this community and especially those that contribute their
> time in development (thank you, thank you, thank you!).
>
> The important thing is you found a solution that works for you. After
> all, it's all about the music, eh? :)
>
> Jim

Good summery, Jim. I am very gradteful too that the volunteers/fans
spend time keeping the abandoned line alive. I have learned to purchase
products that have large ethusiastic and capable followers.

I don't feel anyone tried to help me here was pushy in any ways :-) I
like the idea of raspberry idea. It is just for my current usage the
notebook may be a good enough sulution after actually measuring the
power consumption. Years ago I attached the external drive to the USB
input of the Touch. It was so slow to scan and locate the music using
the remote or the irresponsive touchscreen, which made me hardly enjoy
the local library. I am sure PI 4 would be much faster for the task.