Paul Webster wrote:
> You said that the ghost tag(s) was not there when you set LMS to scan an
> empty system.
> Did you try scanning a system with just one album?
>
> I don't think that the word "Folk" appears in LMS source code except for
> in an totally unrelated comment
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/blob/55f8e3f3d584baf6a3979a13fd23c7ef8e845d59/HTML/EN/html/scriptaculous/unittest.js#L508
>
> While it is possible that the Github search missed something or it is in
> a binary ... I suspect not.
>
> So it does appear to be coming from a file that the scanner is
> scanning.
>
> Perhaps it extracts a tag from a mysterious file and then a bit later
> decides that the file is not valid for including ... but by then has
> already remembered the tag.
> Who knows.
>
> Detailed logging in the scanner might show something.

Sorry, I meant that the ghost genres aren't in the full list in MP3tag
when sorted by genre. So there are no tags attached to files.

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare