merlineng wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My wife works from home and listens to BBC R1 endlessly (I mean really
> endlessly - we have a constant Spotty/Radio battle!)
>
> She's just rang me to say that an announcement came over the radio
> stating that the stream will end in mid 2023.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/recent-changes-to-bbc-sounds/shoutcast-closure
>
> And it appears she is correct.
>
> Is there anything we can do about this?
>
> I've got many squeezeboxes at home and at work so this would be very
> problematical.
>
> Cheers
> Tony

BBC kept Shoutcast for HTTP/MP3 just for legacy devices. The main
streams formats the BBC have been supporting use HLS and DASH formats.

If you use LMS with the player then install the BBC Sounds plugin - it
will play the live stream using DASH with far more functionality (e.g.
skip back to start of program) and better quality if in UK.