bpa wrote:
> BBC kept Shoutcast for HTTP/MP3 just for legacy devices. The main
> streams formats the BBC have been supporting use HLS and DASH formats.
>
> If you use LMS with the player then install the BBC Sounds plugin - it
> will play the live stream using DASH with far more functionality (e.g.
> skip back to start of program) and much better quality if in UK.
>
> Edit:
>
> You should update your LMS - 8.0.0 is very old.  Some plugins need a
> newer version of LMS.

Thanks again - I've now removed my wife's BBC R1 favourite and replaced
it with the BBC Sounds R1.

An instant advantage of this (not to mention the ability to go back in
time!) is the fact that it now displays the actual song name/programme
name - which isn't the case with the standard BBC plugin.

It's been bugging me for years - why have I waited so long!!!

Cheers
Tony

2 x SqueezeAMP / 13 x Classic / 4 x Boom / 2 x Touch / 6 x Radio (4
black, 1 red, 1 white) / 3 x Duet / 3 x Controller / W10 LMS 8.0.0
Technics Separates (inc Linear Tracking Turntable) that I've had for 30+
years (been faultless and used almost daily)