bpa wrote:
> BBC kept Shoutcast for HTTP/MP3 just for legacy devices. The main
> streams formats the BBC have been supporting use HLS and DASH formats.
>
> If you use LMS with the player then install the BBC Sounds plugin - it
> will play the live stream using DASH with far more functionality (e.g.
> skip back to start of program) and much better quality if in UK.
>
> Edit:
>
> You should update your LMS - 8.0.0 is very old.  Some plugins need a
> newer version of LMS.

Thanks - already use the BBC Sounds Plugin actually, didn't realise you
can play live stations through it? I've always used the BBC plugin for
that.

I need to update my info line too - I'm past 8.0.0 (can't actually
remember which one as I'm at work)

I'll have a fiddle tonight.

:-)

2 x SqueezeAMP / 13 x Classic / 4 x Boom / 2 x Touch / 6 x Radio (4
black, 1 red, 1 white) / 3 x Duet / 3 x Controller / W10 LMS 8.0.0
Technics Separates (inc Linear Tracking Turntable) that I've had for 30+
years (been faultless and used almost daily)