bpa wrote:
> BBC kept Shoutcast for HTTP/MP3 just for legacy devices. The main
> streams formats the BBC have been supporting use HLS and DASH formats.
>
> If you use LMS with the player then install the BBC Sounds plugin - it
> will play the live stream using DASH with far more functionality (e.g.
> skip back to start of program) and much better quality if in UK.

Two, not much noted advantages of the BBC Sounds plugin is that you can
stream a program from the beginning even whilst it is still being
broadcast live (not possible if casting from a phone to a Google
Chromecast device) and listen to a program directly after it has
finished (not possible with BBCSounds app on device as there is often an
annoying gap of anything up to half an hour before the program can be
played after thre BBC has finished broadcasting it). This is very handy
for me, who likes to start cooking tea at 6 and wants to listen to BBC
Radio 4's PM from the beginning whilst I do so.

Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC,
HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and
controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of
Touchs.