Man in a van wrote:

> This is a Radio Paradise stream, I shut down the raspberry pi with the
> sudo command.
>
> The usb icon on the dac flashes for one minute and then goes into
> standby.

Yes, this is expected. When the DAC senses that no signal is being
input, it will go into standby.

> I wait a few minutes and repower the raspberry pi; the dac comes back to
> life, I select a Radio Paradise stream and it plays.

While the DAC is offline (fully powered off), if you reboot pCP, it
won't be able to initialise squeezelite, right? I reported this 'here'
(https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/issues/173). I would expect
it to be able to start, even the USB DAC is not detected.

> I repeat the process
>
> Then whilstplaying I power off the dac, it goes into standby and then I
> unplug it.

What do you power off? the DAC or LMS?

> I shutdown the the raspberrypi and wait for a few minutes.
>
> Power on the raspberrypi; power up the dac, it autoselects usb
>
> I go to LMS web gui, refresh and select a Radio Paradise stream, music
> plays.
>

> I'll adjust the squeezelite output command to match that for Kitus's
> output and make a copy of the image.
>

> ronnie
Cool! that may help yes. Thanks Ronnie!