Man in a van wrote:
> -@RALPHY-
>
> -C <timeout>
> Close the output device after <timeout> seconds of the player being
> idle; the default is to always keep the device open as long as the payer
> is "on".
>

> Would you please explain about this setting, I think I have alway
> misunderstood the function it performs.
>
> I thought that -C stopped squeezelite, but does it just cause it to drop
> the output connection and remain running :confused:
>
> If I use the green power button on the LMS web gui to stop a radio
> stream, wait for thirty secs or so (-C is set to 5) and then run

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> I get this

Code:
--------------------
  >   > pi@kitus:~ $ sudo systemctl status squeezelite.service
  > &#9679; squeezelite.service - Squeezelite
  > Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/squeezelite.service; enabled; vendor
preset: enabled)
  > Active: active (running) since Sat 2022-12-10 11:49:29 GMT; 11min ago
  > Main PID: 777 (squeezelite)
  > Tasks: 4 (limit: 1596)
  > CPU: 21.109s
  > CGroup: /system.slice/squeezelite.service
  > &#9492;&#9472;777 /usr/bin/squeezelite -n Squeezelite -s 127.0.0.1 -o
front:CARD=Pro,DEV=0 -a 80 4  0  -C 5

--------------------

> Is this the correct state to be reported ?
>
> Or does running the command restart a paused service ?  I did not note
> any of the times, :rolleyes::o sorry.
>
> If Stop the playback by running

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> and then run the Status query, it is shown as stopped.
>
> thanks
>
> ronnie
>
> How's the snow ?

Using the -C option only releases/closes the audio device.  It does not
shutdown the squeezelite instance.

There was an 'issue #153'
(https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/issues/153) around starting
squeezelite with -C and the audio device was already in use and fixed in
1.9.9r1392.

I use this option daily and it's been working fine for me.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.