slartibartfast wrote:
> Do you have the issue if you don't turn off the DAC or install
> usbconnectd? What does usbconnectd do?
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I would typically not switch off the picoreplayer on LMS. I never
thought it was necessary, but now that I come to think about it, having
a player that all of the sudden "sees" that the next device downstream
(the DAC) either goes offline, is in standby, or whatever, could be part
of the problem. I will now try to remember this from today and on.

What usbconnectd does is, it monitors inputs and choses the best one,
based on what it sees. Once that input has been chosen, it will kill
squeezelite and ensure it starts anew. And this has proven to be
bridging the gap that I see in my setup... well, at least at this point
where I have not yet managed to implement usb-power, udev rule, etc.,