snarlydwarf Wrote:
> Just a general FYI, with 802.11 devices, 'Strength' is sort of a
> meaningless number.  It's slightly useful in if it's "very low" that is
> a problem, but the real number that matters (which most devices won't
> really record) is 'signal quality'.
>
> In other words: even with 100% signal strength, something may be
> spitting on your wireless signal.  Have you tried changing which
> channel you're on?  That may move it away from whatever it is that is
> causing problems.

Yes, that's true, but no, it's not the case.  I have a laptop on the
same AP, across the room from the SB3.  The laptop is working fine.
I'm watching the SB3 do its intermittent-connectivity thing while I
continue to use the network no problem.  Here's an example (better than
last time but still showing problems):

Between the laptop and the SB3:
--- squeeze.exit.com ping statistics ---
189 packets transmitted, 182 packets received, 3% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.940/5.837/42.690/6.617 ms

Between the laptop and the Slimserver:
--- jill.exit.com ping statistics ---
188 packets transmitted, 188 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.914/2.473/64.434/6.584 ms

So it's definitely not wireless interference.  I don't know what it is,
but it's not that.

--
fmayhar