results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=21033
Question: Could a wireless enabled iPod overtake the Squeezebox as a
network music player?

- Yes - I want my wireless iPod yesterday!
- No - nothing will pry my Squeezebox from my cold, dead, hands!
- Meh - it could cause some defection but not kill Slim entirely...

I have to agree that the iPod is complementary to the SqueezeBox.
Unfortunately, I do think that adding WiFi will cut into the market for
the SqueezeBox a little, but only if you truly can hold the iPod in your
hand while it plays music on your stereo.  The iPod interface is as easy
to use as the SqueezeBox and the display size is irrelevant if you are
holding it in your hand.  I believe that 128kb data is sufficient for
the average person, and the mediocre D/A converter in the iPod probably
is too.  I suspect that battery life will take a serious hit, or the
size would have to increase for a bigger battery.

That said, I considered getting an iPod as a primary audio storage
device and decided that it wouldn't work for me because it didn't have
enough storage to be able to keep all of my music in a lossless format.
I also wanted an audiophile DAC and the option to "upgrade" to an
external DAC later if I wanted to. I do like the iPod as a portable
music system, though.  When I'm on an airplane, I just want to drown
out the noise of the guy snoring next to me.

A WiFi iPod wouldn't make me give up my SqueezeBox, and it wouldn't
have changed my decision.  Unfortunately, I realized a long time ago,
that I don't often fall into the 80% of people that companies usually
market to.

--
bikerx