rudholm wrote:
That's what people mean when they say "burn-in" --the oft lit areas get
darkened.  The CRTs on any older coin-op video game unit are great
examples of the effect.

my SB2 and SB3 are on all the time and don't demonstrate that effect, sounds like you got a bad one. I do wonder if it could be exacerbated by dirty power?

Also the faceplate is a known issue which they've been taking care of. I expect you'll get an RMA.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip Since 1996