stinkingpig Wrote:
> rudholm wrote:
> > That's what people mean when they say "burn-in" --the oft lit areas
> get
> > darkened.  The CRTs on any older coin-op video game unit are great
> > examples of the effect.
> >

> my SB2 and SB3 are on all the time and don't demonstrate that effect,
> sounds like you got a bad one. I do wonder if it could be exacerbated
> by
> dirty power?
>
> Also the faceplate is a known issue which they've been taking care of.
> expect you'll get an RMA.

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that I just got a bad unit (perhaps part
of a bad lot of displays) because my older SB2 shows the clock at full
brightness whenever it's off and it shows no signs of burn-in at all.

The two SBs are in the same house so any power-related issues would
probably affect both of them, unless the problem was the wall wart.
The only other difference is that I dim the SB3 at night, but it seems
counter-intuitive that the dimming would accellerate burn-in unless the
displays don't like that PWM (that I assume is) going on, but again,
that's just not very intuitive...

--
rudholm