sfraser Wrote:
> I think I'm between 25-35 minutes for 62k songs which are a mix of
> MP3/FLAC and WAV. The SS is running on the same server and the disk
> controller is RAID 5 and CPU is and AMD64. I have lots of CPU cycles,
> and I would expect the RAID to help the read time.
>
> How are other peoples full rescan times?

OK, well this got me curious, and those figures were off the top of my
head, so I timed it:

"Look for new and changed music": 1:06

"Clear library and rescan everything": 2:39 (so I was a little
optimistic!)

But still, based on what it's doing, scanning 2259 items looking for
artist, album, title, genre, ReplayGain data, artwork, etc. I don't
think this is bad at all.  Again, just try Mp3tag or foobar2000 and
those take a while to load all this data too.

You can see what's going on if you look at your processor load.  A
"Look for new" must scan the library looking for recently modified
files.  It loads my processor up 50-60%.

A "Clear library" scan first conducts a very disk-intensive operation,
obviously looking at every file.  This loads the processor up 40-50%.
Then after a time the disk access ends and the processor loads up
50-60% like in a "Look for new" scan.

--
Mark Lanctot