NWP Wrote:
> If you don't mind something larger, you could always check out a tablet
> PC.  You can usually find old Fujitsu Stylistic touchpads with a
> pentium III 400 MHz for under $200 on ebay.  Put Firefox or Opera on it
> though because I hear a lot of the AJAX stuff in the 770 doesn't work
> well in IE.

Whoa, that's a heck of a thought. I had no idea you could pick up a
touchscreen that cheap. Do you have one? Anyone have one? Anyone used
it for controlling slimserver? If it's a great slim remote I would
mostly care less if it did anything else well...

I still have a dream of having a dedicated "slim kiosk" that would sit
next to the squeezebox and could run a slick UI (my allegiance is,
unsurprisingly, to the Nokia770). The 770 itself is not a good option
for that role (it's a handheld, not something to view from across the
room).

cheers,
#!/ben

--