Congratulations on the new product.  While excited, I also fall into the
category of the guys who would need to take out a second mortgage to buy
it. :(

Funny thing, when I was reading about it before I saw the price I was
thinking "man, I bet this thing cost $800." :)

I've always wished for a Squeezebox with the controls and displays this
thing has.  I'm not an audiophile so things like a "fully balanced
analog stage" never ocurred to me (neither did a $2,000 price tag).  I
do hope that somewhere down the line they offer a more middle ground
product that looks and operates like the Transporter but with more
modest internal components (I'm more than happy with the current
Squeezebox DAC.)  I'm hoping this is just the beginning...

--
jtfields