Peter Evans;139408 Wrote:
> Maybe slimserver is just reading the artists from your directory
> structure.
>
> In my case a third of my MP3 files are parsed, identified as id3v2, but
> all the data is ignored. Then the program just guesses from the
> directory structure.
>
> With 6.3.x these tags were fine.
>
> There are no v1 tags, no APE tags, though there is some replaygain info
> in the tags.

For a moment I thought this might apply, as the folder names do
(largely) reflect the artist names before I flipped the surname to the
front. However, not only are plenty other tags reported by SongInfo in
SS (including ReplayGain), but it also reports the tag version as
ID3v2.3.0. (OK, so it actually says "ID3 Tag Version:...", which
doesn't exactly say that there aren't non-ID3 tags in there...)

To add a bit more info: SS reports both Artist and Band/Orchestra tags,
both with value "Anouar Brahem". MM says that Artist and AlbumArtist are
both "Brahem, Anouar", and (I'm fairly sure, details not to hand right
now) that it claims to be reporting ID3v2 tags.  Hmm. I'll have to see
what DBPowerAmp says...

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie