Jacob Potter;144236 Wrote:
> SlimServer does exactly that, using DBIx::Class for all the database
> O/RM stuff. The schema itself (in the SQL/ directory) would need to be
> rewritten, but not too much more, I think. You could perhaps have taken
> a peek at the code before ranting. :) - Jacob

That's a plus, although my original post was less of a rant, more of a
question... turned slightly more ranty as time went on.

I had done a preliminary search through docs and forums to see if this
issue had come up before and seeing nothing, posted the question;
perhaps a FAQ entry "you can roll your own if you like" would be
appropriate.

In an ideal world. the product would continue to support sqlite, *and*
now MySql, with an install time option to choose one or the other. My
two cents. Am not really interested in carrying this on further. In my
day job I have to argue with, plead to, and convince product managers
all the time who make brain dead decisions, from time to time... this
is starting to resemble work a little too much.

Cheers.

--
mwatkins