socialxray;144233 Wrote:
> Um...this is a consumer product.  Not an enterprise product.  It is
> transparent to the end user and that is all that counts.  Sure, it is
> another process that is running on the box but it is still smaller than
> Slimserver's footprint.  Plus it is a lot cheaper than an Oracle
> license.
>
> Got to roll with the punches my man, or sit the game out.
>
> BTW, I support multi-db strategies at my job and it ain't so dirt
> simple.

i can't say if a choice of db would be worthy or not, but i can say
that i think SS is starting to become a resource hog.

3 processes in all that i am aware of.  over time, mem usage grows as
if there is a leak.

the mysql takes 16megs, the slim.exe takes an incredible 60 or so at
start up, and then works its way up to over 75!!!  this is the single
biggest process on my system, with only the svchost close.  the next
closest app is outlook at 25 or so.

and then this i really don't get, the tray icon is 7.5meg!  why???  to
power its dumb lil lights?  i like the way plextor runs its tray icon,
subdued when plextools is exited, but still there ready to start up.
still piggy at 2megs, but not as bad.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.0 - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram