andy, i really appreciate the reply, but as i said the problem is NOT
evident on winamp or anywhere else.  it only started with me installing
6.5 and as best as i can tell, its not a coincidence.

i run the shoutcast servers for the station, and we've not had any
issues i am aware of.

i know the .pls streams are mp3 encoded, as i set them up btw.

this seems to me to be a SB issue in the firmware.

as a test, i fired up the stream in winamp.  i then powered up the SB2
and told it to play the stream while connected to SS.

while winamp STILL plays fine, the SB2 eventually stutters.  and its a
strange stutter, its as if its catching up, skipping ahead, but it
never catches up fully.

and, if i stop the SB, and then restart the stream, (using power or
just the play button alone) the problem is gone until the next time it
starts a few minutes (or whatever) later.

(it does the same thing with SN, but it takes longer, esp later at
night)

i don't install beta software, but i will install it when its released,
(which i hear is soon) and i will report then.

if ultimately it is a net congestion issue, then why doesn't winamp do
it?

is it because of this new way of sending the stream right to the
device?

is it b/c the device might not have a big enough mem buffer for
conditions other than perfect net?

if so, for problems such as this, we need a way to force the stream to
SN or SS first, which in turn will properly feed the SB without the
stutter, (like winamp).

thanks, -mdw

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.0 - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram