MrSinatra;144990 Wrote:
> Andy,
>
> since 6.5 i have found that the problem can take anywhere from just a
> few minutes to close to an hour, (when using the SB with SS).
>
> as i wrote this post, it took 40min to occur.

I'll listen for a bit longer.

> is "the buffer fullness display from Player Settings" a SERVER setting
> or a LOCAL PLAYER setting?
>
> what category is the setting under?

Yeah it's a player setting.  In SlimServer go to Player Settings for
<player> -> Basic Settings page -> Now Playing Information, select Show
Buffer Fullness.  A percentage display will appear in the upper-right
where the time usually is.  It will report the amount of data in the
buffer.  Live radio should show about 4%.  I expect in your case you'll
see it drop to 0% when it stutters.

> could it be the "lame quality level" under player settings?
>
> mine is set to 0 but it was b4 6.5 too, without problem.  and isn't
> this a server function anyway?  why is it under player settings?

You can check to see that the lame process isn't running.  Set Player
Settings -> Audio -> Bitrate Limiting to No Limit.

--
andyg