radish;164350 Wrote:
> I don't think anything will ever end the debate, the problem seems to be
> that everyone wants it to work a different way. I've never had any
> problems with compilations (and I have 472 right now) just by setting
> the track artist tag to the individual artists and keeping to one
> directory per album. I see the compilations listed as individual albums
> under Browse Albums and under Various Artists in Browse Artists. But
> others seem to go to extreme lengths to have it work in some other
> way...

Well I didnt go to extreme lengths to have it work the way I want, with
each artist showing up in Artists, and the albums (as you have) in
albums.

The difference between my setup and yours is, I think, just a matter of
taste.  I like being able to see the artists in the artist list... so
they show up there.

If I click on, say, The Band, I want to see Last Waltz (which is
technically a VA album), as well as a couple Dylan-cover albums.
(Doin' Dylan and Tangled up in Blues).

But, then, that's why there are server-settings that allow both of us
to be happy...

--
snarlydwarf