Actually, my complaints are based on well over 4 hours of working with
the "SqueezeBox 3" menu and submenus.   I think that’s obvious from my
exhaustive review.  Are any of the facts I described wrong?  Do any of
the urls I describe as non working actually work?  Does anybody think
it’s great that all the personality driven talk shows are scattered
among half a dozen subsubsubgroups?

I have every right to expect Slim Devices to provide reliable content,
either directly or through a chosen provider.   Slim Devices should at
least be aware that this problem exists, and I see it as a problem.
You certainly haven’t convinced me that scattering “Personality driven
talk shows” among half a dozen  sub-sub-sub groups is in any way
practical.  I always think it’s strange that talk shows would be broken
down by political ideology, because people just want interesting talk.
It would make more sense to group radio talk shows based on headers like
family oriented, slightly vulgar, very vulgar, etc, or the maturity
level of the show.  Because all talk shows present many points of view,
and are ultimately for entertainment purposes anyway.  Even most
“political” talk shows are ultimately not really political, so the
conservative/liberal or whatever labels are, ultimately, meaningless.
And all talk shows are issues oriented, so it’s misguided to have a
subsubsubcategory called “Issues”.  It’s like having a subgroup called
“Audio”, or “Vocal”.   And frankly, it’s fraudulent to have entire
subcategories for which there are no working urls.  Aside from who’s to
blame, don’t you agree that it’s fraudulent?  At what point do you think
it’s a problem?   I simply think we’re at that point.   Aside from who
is to blame, the menu system at RadioTime is badly organized, at least
in terms of usability with the SqueezeBox, which, obviously, is limited
to a more linear presentation, unlike a website, where the eye can
wander and see more. Evidently the RadioTime menu system doesn't lend
itself to the SqueezeBox, maybe we can at least agree on this.

If you’re a regular user of the RadioTime website, you would, of
course, have an advantage when perusing the same groups on the
Squeezebox. And this is good to know! SlimDesign should provide this
advice in their user manual – that is the least they can do.  If there
is some insight that can be provided, tips, for using the various
options of the menu system, these should be included in the SqueezeBox
user manual, or SlimDesign’s website – they do not do this – such
information is not readily available, and it should be.  It is not
sufficient that I discover such things, by accident, months after
investing in a SlimDevices audio device.  Certainly SlimDevices is
neglectful in this regard.   Imagine buying a car, and long after it’s
been parked in a garage, discovering that it can be “driven”.

And clearly the menu system at RadioTime hasn’t evolved intelligently.
It’s as if the initial designer left the company and their replacement
created a new category for some new talk show, rather than add it to
the existing, appropriate category (too many chefs in the kitchen), so
the intelligent design of the menu system is definitely, obviously,
questionable.      This is clearly demonstrated by Don Imus’s show
being off in his own subsubsubcategory, and also by the existence of
not 1 but about 6 Sirius satellite radio stations, which is fraudulent.
It’s as if the menu designer took home his laptop and his kids started
adding stations as a goof - did this happen?  This clearly demonstrates
an obvious lack of integrity to the menu system, and Slim Design should
at least be aware of this “serious problem”, and are, to a degree,
responsible.   All urls in the menu system should work, or at least be
"valid".  That only about 5-10% work is indefensible.

--
NauticusLX