peterw;171382 Wrote:

> The lowest power draw was attained by having the Squeezebox idle ("on"
> or "off", as long as it's not playing an audio stream) with the
> brightness set so the display was completely dark. This took 4 watts
> (US adapter, ~120v AC power, and yes, watts, not volt-amps). I tried
> disabling the wireless bridging and having the audio outputs disabled
> when the Squeezebox was "off", but it still pulled 4 watts when idle
> and dark.-Peter

Hi Peter

This is very interesting research.  If other people have measuring
devices, could I ask that they measure the usage of their amp and its
make/model?  I'm looking to replace my amp in the future and want to
find the least power hungry one!

I'll measure my amp and put the details in this thread just for
interest :)

Cheers

--
cparker