brunodenis;173329 Wrote:
> I am not a apple fan but I love the coverflow feature. I wish it could
> be integrated into SS but repsonse times would be even slower.

Dito on the Apple fan part. You are not alone at thinking that the web
gui is awfully slow and not really that fancy looking.  At the same
time I am a firm believer in having a home server which is on 24/7 and
not requiring your desktop computer to be on just to play some music. I
wish that SS would be more layered (i.e. core functions separated from
the web gui).

To overcome the limitations of the web gui, I have been thinking about
making a very simple client application (or even a new web application)
to quickly be able to browse my collection from a PDA or a computer. To
interact with SS I would just create URL strings and do background HTTP
GETs (ignoring the output).

Personally I think that SS must be made more sexy to increase its
appeal to the general public. People want coverflow. Let's not
underestimate the amount of audio fidelity that people at large are
willing to sacrifice for nicer looking GUI.

--
bergek

Transporter - Squeezebox 3 - Serener GS-L02 - Via EPIA SP8000 - Ubuntu
6.06 Server