> Exactly, because in my experience, it's not an easy sell at all. When I
> show people my Squeezeboxes and tell them how they work their eyes
> just
> sort of become blank and they start talking about the weather or
> something. Part of that is probably because they know I'm technically
> far ahead of them, what I use must be far ahead of them as well. Even
> my
> technical colleagues are slow to warm up. One of them has bought a
> second hand SB1 now. I know I'm not the world's greatest salesmen, but
> the product is hard to explain, just check the "I've read and read"
> thread by metroman. That's fairly typical and he got here because he
> thought he really wanted one.

Don' explain how it works. People don't care about the technical
details. Just show them what you can do with it. They'll understand
that. That's what I did with people around me. I talked about it to my
brother, who is not technically minded at all, and he was all jazzed
up: "Wow! where can I get one?" Unfortunately, I had to break to him
the bad news: : "Sorry, but if you don't know beans about computers, I
don't recommend it."

--
Nostromo