snarlydwarf;174228 Wrote:
> Because most of us see little difference between that and a Long Ass
> Cable to the stereo?

what do you mean?  you don't understand the difference?  the difference
is i would not need the cable.  the difference is i could use any
software, not just SS.

how do you not understand that?

snarlydwarf;174228 Wrote:
> And wtf is the "forcing all of us to use FREE software?"
>
> If you want to replace mysql with Oracle or MS-SQL, go for it...
>
> I really don't see what the copyright has to do with anything at all.

perhaps i worded this poorly, allow me to expound:

SD FORCES US to use SS to power their hardware.  thats what i mean.

often, on these forums, when someone criicizes SD/SS, much is made of
how the software is FREE, and all we paid for is the hardware, with lil
thought given to the fact that this is the only software that powers the
hardware.

my point is, in the SD business model, WHY would they tie their
hardware, (which is not free) to "free" software?

do you not see the financial insanity of that?

if the hardware is all they make money on, then the adoption rate of it
would be FAR HIGHER if it worked with any software.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.1 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram