aubuti;174596 Wrote:
> But you do. The people are clamoring for it, you'll sell millions when
> SD's market share shoots up. Maybe you can even sell it to SD/Logitech.
> Quit your day job. It's a slam dunk.

first of all, i'm sure the GPL would prevent me from selling it even if
i developed it.

secondly, it would be very difficult to sell as a 3rd party item.

its like selling 3rd party chips for a car or xbox...  if the car
maker, or xbox itself offerred it, they would be far more successful.

the idea is to push the main product anyway, not a 3rd party item.

aubuti;174596 Wrote:
> and btw, I'm neither offended nor angry. Just a little amused,
> especially at the contention that market share is the only measure of
> success.

straw man, i never said that.  there are many measures of success, and
i would not argue that SD hasn't been a success.

what i am saying, and i stand by this 100%, is that making your
potential market larger is in the best interests of a business selling
a product, at least certainly so in this case.

and i don't hear a plausible argument to the contrary.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.1 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram