erland;174728 Wrote:
> *MrSinatra*, I just search a bit on google and found SHOUTcast:
> http://www.shoutcast.com
>
> If I understand it correctly it is a server software you can install on
> your computer to publish internet radio. There is a WinAmp plugin to
> send things played through WinAmp to SHOUTcast.
>
> SqueezeBox is able to listen to internet radio, so you can probably
> point the SqueezeBox to your local SHOUTcast server and to listen to
> the sound your PC is publishing.
>
> I haven't tried this myself so I'm not sure how easy it is to setup and
> if it actually works with the SqueezeBox, but I think there is a chance
> it will.

yeah, i absolutely could do that...  i use it to put my radio stations
streams on the net.

but that whole method is a bit of a kludge, it requires that i run a
lot of software in addition to what i already do, it also adds
additional coding stages and so on, meaning it would re-encode in
realtime everything i already compressed once, even if at the same
bitrate...  (i could be wrong on that point, but i think thats how the
DSP works)

but yes, it would absolutely work and thx for your efforts in finding
it.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.1 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram