Eric Seaberg;201171 Wrote:
> If you follow the link I posted in my original reply, you will find an
> answer to your question.

I did read that blurb, but it didn't mention the manufacturer/model of
the DAC, only its specs, which are very like many DACs:

"The digital audio input accepts a S/P-DIF digital audio signal having
word length 16 to 24 bits. The DA converter inside the 2029A is a
professional quality four times oversampling 20-bit delta-sigma
converter, with high resilience to clock jitter and excellent
linearity. The loudspeaker automatically detects the input sample rate,
word length and pre-emphasis, and adjusts all settings to reproduce in
the right format, supporting also varispeed operation for television
and film industry."

Eric Seaberg Wrote:

> We have over $40,000 in Genelec monitors throughout our production
> facilities, 3-pair having digital inputs (S30-D).  The 2029A are
> personals in my master-bedroom using the digital input.

Although it doesn't take many of those Genelecs to get to $40K, your
studio sounds impressive.  And if you're using the 2029's in your
bedroom, it must be pretty successful as well :).

Based on the specs, I'm guessing that they might benefit from some
bottom reinforcement.  I wish they weren't S-P/DIF only, but I'll think
a bit about them (Genelec's new 8240A/8250A models with more flexible
digital inputs seem VERY nice, but it would be a choice between them
vs. a trip to Europe).

--
Balthazar_B