MelonMonkey;206779 Wrote:

> This brings up a HUGE gripe I have with the SB3 product. It can't be
> turned off.

How do I make the HUGE larger. Btw. someone measured the power
consumption:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=34789&highlight=power+consumption

Of course the few watts the SB is pulling might not be the end of the
world, but you know it adds... Given that the forums, and in particular
SD themselves seems stocked up on technically competent and ambitious
people, I was a bit surprised when I realised the not-solution chosen
for turning off the device.

On a side note the OLPC project are speaking about doing suspend/resume
cycles in the 35ms range. Common, even though you don't care about the
environmental issue, at least the technically inclined among you got to
admit that it would be cool if the next SB/Transporter/??? could do
that? SD, consider that a feature request. (OLPC runs Linux, LinuxBIOS
on flash based storage)

--
bhaagensen