Thanks for your responses. I am now regretting my recent purchase of a
Squeezebox a little, bought it yesterday. I am not going to steal and I
don't have many CDs.

As for why would I rip trash, well, it is standard practice and always
has been in the recording industry to put a couple of hits on a crappy
record to sell the whole thing. So, if there are two great songs that
you like on a CD, you can buy the whole thing for $16 US, waste a lot
of time trying to find it in used CD stores which ends up being more
expensive due to lost time - unless you are a vagrant - or you can
download a horrible 128KB or so MP3 of the song from a site. I am new
to all of this; I never bought an iPod so if you know something I don't
know about how I can get lossless music from my squeezebox without
having to buy CD after CD for the few good songs on them, please shed
some light. I bought a squeezebox for FLAC not bad sounding downloads.
I can't understand the thinking that says that losing some of the sound
is OK. Can't comprehend that at all.

--
brjoon1021