I thought you had to write the value of imported goods on a label which
is stuck on the outside of the package?  If -not- then that's a very
cool trick which I'll employ next time I buy something from the US.

I recently bought some bits and pieces from US which cost me something
like $200 (which included a FedEx cost of something like $90).  On
arrival to UK, I was charged an extra £40(ish) for "clearing" and
import duty.  For goods which cost around $110, I ended up paying an
additional $80 (!!) on to the shipping price which, in itself, was
already kind of high.

--
gutted

http://www.last.fm/user/gutt3d/

Slimserver 6.5.4 +MusicIP Mixer 1.7.1 +AlienBBC 1.06 +Slimscrobbler
0.37.5
Windows 2000 Professional sp4
Intel Celeron 1.4GHz
512MB RAM
Squeezebox 3 wireless (Player Firmware Version: 55)
Library of approx 7600 tracks (MP3 and FLAC)