Well, I was not going to post on this topic, but since it has been
raised, I'll share my experience.  This weekend past, I upgraded and
the install and config was painless and nicely thought out.
Immediately, I noticed a slowdown in performance that was tenfold.
Endless searching, painfully slow screen refreshes, long re-scans, etc.
I was watching computer screens and not listening to music.  After 24
hours of pain, I uninstalled and reverted back to the most recent 6.5.
I was not about to complain, as it is most certainly labeled
pre-release, and I never complain anyway, as the SB and SS software has
returned my investment 100 fold.  However this is a good moment to ask
if others have experienced this.  Upon reinstall of 6.5, life was good
again, with fairly quick searching and screen refreshes (it is never
like using a desktop app, nor do I expect it to be).  I loved the
interface of SC and hope to see some discussion of how it (or my
computer) needs to be tweaked.

FYI: Using a middle aged windows xp pentium machine of reasonable
health, Lynksys wireless router and 3 SB's in different rooms, all
connected wirelessly.  Prior to install of SqueezeCenter, I completely
uninstalled 6.5 and rebooted (I've found this best in the past).  I
also rebooted after install of SC.

Have others experienced this problem, or have tips for moving into SC
in the future?

--
utowana