Michael:  happy to help if I can.  I'm running a windows xp machine,
service pack 2, 2.4 GHz, 512 RAM with a swap file size of 1536 MB.
I've been running Webroot Spysweeper and NOD32 antivirus for several
years now.  Other than that, pretty vanilla.  Belkin Pre-N wireless
router has been running nicely for 18 months at least.  I access
SlimServer using a laptop upstairs, and version 6.5 is acceptably
responsive using the web interface.

My experience upon install of SqueezeCenter were:
-  initial scan was 2+ hours (1600+ albums, 20,000+ songs, 1,500+
artisits, 160GB of disk space on an internal hard drive)
-  re-scans of new music were very long and labored - over 20 minutes
to rescan the addition of 2 new albums ("albums" - that shows my age)
-  screen "refresh" was labored and delayed
-  seemed like each time I would check "New Music" - it needed to
reindex and "find" all new titles (set to default of 100 titles)

Uninstall of SC and reinstall of SS cleaned everything up.  Back to
normal behavior.

Does that help?  Tell me what else I can report and am happy to do so.

Appreciate your work.  The SB/SlimDevices product and service has
changed my listening and enjoyment of music.

--
utowana