mintjaman;252719 Wrote:
> what a load of cobblers the photography teacher comes out with !

Indeed, especially since the best way to learn to take pictures is to
take tons of them, money is no object!  Which is actually possible with
digital cameras...

> If we all stuck with what we had nothing would be developed, all
> companies have ongoing R & D which is funded by us the consumers and
> if we all took the stance of the photography tutor he would be still
> using a pin hole camera.
>
> I don;t care if the concensus is that the SB3 is overpriced or
> underpriced, for my money it works, it sounds great and I am more than
> happy with what it does.

It sounds great and it changed the way I listen to music and how much I
listen to music...

The catch with the SB4 is ... how the heck do you improve on the SB3?
Video out doesn't interest me, UPNP doesn't either...   I don't really
have a wishlist item other than "something I can use when I have to
mow" (ie, the squeezebox boombox)...  and I'm not sure that's really
feasible....

Mike, I think, asked a good question here the other day: what would it
take to make the SB worth twice as much?

I really don't know the answer to that... improved software for
'average' people maybe?  But then, I don't know if 'average' people
would really be into it anyway... music afficianado's (not quite the
same as audiophiles, but just as annoying :P) are not normal, and
that's really the market.. my parents would never want a Squeezebox of
any shape and they're reasonably competent technology wise (they call
me to complain about windows, knowing I won't help them, but they just
wanted to say how much it sucks) and I don't have a clue how to reach
that segment.

--
snarlydwarf